20-21 Bacone College Academic Catalog
18. SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND FINANCE
The School of Business and Finance provides a student-centered learning environment to develop the business skills and appreciation for continuous learning necessary to succeed in a dynamic global economy. The faculty is empowered to help develop ethical, knowledgeable, and technologically competent business professionals. We strive to do this to further the College’s mission of providing a premier educational experience through Christian principles while providing equal educational opportunity to all.
To best serve our students and to efficiently use institutional resources, the School of Business and Finance will seek to:
1. Offer a responsive, flexible business curriculum within a learning environment that prepares and supports analytical thinking and lifelong learning.
2. Integrate technology into our teaching and communications with students and colleges.
3. Create an environment to fulfill our mission by providing opportunities for faculty development; support for faculty efforts to serve students and improve our programs; and appropriate rewards for achievements in teaching, intellectual contributions, and service.
4. Target well-defined markets and promote the School of Business and Finance effectively in those markets.
5. Build and maintain partnerships with key constituencies.
In order for a student to apply for admittance into the School of Business and Finance at the BSBA level, he/she must have earned a minimum of 60 credit hours; have a current GPA of 2.50 or higher on a 4.00 scale; and grades earned in the following required courses must be a “C” or higher: English Comp I, English Comp II, College Algebra, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Business Law I, Financial Accounting, and Managerial Accounting, Business Finance, Buyer Behavior, and either ECN or any 3000 level department course.