20-21 Bacone College Academic Catalog
2. Accreditation and Professional Status
Bacone College is authorized by:
The Oklahoma Regents for Higher Education
State Capitol Complex, 500 Education Bldg., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105-4500 and is accredited by:
- The Higher Learning Commission, 235 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1413 (On Probation)
- The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, 20 N. Wacker Dr., Suite 2850, Chicago, Illinois 60606-3182 (On Probation)
- The Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation, 4545 N. Lincoln Blvd., Suite 275, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105-3418
- International Accreditation Council for Business Education, P O Box 25217, Overland Park, Kansas 66225, Phone: 913-631-3009
The College is chartered under the laws of the State of Oklahoma, empowered to grant the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, Bachelor of Arts, and Bachelor of Science degrees, and to provide selected service courses for elective or terminal curricula purposes.
Accreditation means that the standards of the school are such that its academic curriculum is recognized and honored by other member institutions of the Association. It ensures the students a quality program with credits that can be transferred to other institutions.
Bacone College is a member of the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), the Oklahoma Independent Colleges and Universities (OICU), the Joint Review Committee on Education and Radiological Technology (JRCERT), the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), and the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).